Tuesday 1 May 2018

Grown ups..


Years down the lane, perhaps a decade after this day, I would want to sit down with you on a coffee table. Amidst rushes outside and the weather almost ready to shower down, I want us to face each other with coffee mugs in our hands. Taking occasional glimpses at the street on the other side of the road, I would want us to share how life eventually went. I’ll look at your eyes like I did today at the time of your departure. I’ll watch you pick a couple of calls to reschedule, after the mess your day brought you in. We would be grownups, adults. Two responsible citizens, passionate about what they do. Yet, more compassionate about their pasts, their yesterdays. We would be far matured enough to handle our emotions better and wiser. Hence, when I look at you, I would feel warmth and not anxious. I’ll see composure and not restlessness. We would realize we’ve come a long way there. We’ve achieved far more than what all we talked about. Yet, we would find ourselves, across that coffee table, holding mugs to ease our postures. Only to come in pact with the fact that no matter how many years pass by, there shall be places and moments which we wish to revisit, relive. Offering refreshments of unique kind, off the hectic days and nights. Perhaps, to ultimately prove ourselves that no matter what, somethings never change. No, they simply don’t.


No comments:

Post a Comment